General Requirements To Become A Concrete Contractor In Nevada

We want to start off by mentioning that each state has a unique set of requirements for anyone who wants to acquire all the training and certifications to become a concrete contractor. For example, in the state of Nevada, you will need representation from a certified concrete installer who essentially serves as your qualifying professional. This is an individual who must have at least four years of experience at the level of a foreman, supervisor or contracting manager. Before we explain any further, we want to provide you with an overview of the experience and process that goes into becoming a concrete contractor.



As we mentioned earlier, a qualifying individual must have at least four full years of experience before they can represent you in applying for your certifications. All licensed contractors must receive official authorization from the Nevada State Contractors Board (NSCB). There are, however, a
variety of people who are exempted from the licensing process, including public utility operators and certain property owners.

To receive the proper licensing from the contractors’ board, you don’t have to be a resident of Nevada. The board will also waive certifications if you are already licensed in other states. However, you may otherwise need to take the exams even if you have received certifications and proper licensing elsewhere. If you proceed to provide contracting services without the approval of the state of Nevada, you will potentially face a misdemeanor charge and a $1,000 fine (for your first offense). Contracting in Nevada without a license is a crime under state law.



Again, qualifying individuals must possess at least 4 years of experience for them to represent you to apply for licensing and certification. If you received your training from a state-accredited college or program, this will count as three years of experience. However, you don’t have to meet certain education requirements to receive your contractor’s license. If you completed any college courses or programs, you will need to provide documentation that validates your training.



Nevada issues three different classifications for licenses as a professional contractor. They include:

  • Class A – This is for general engineering contractors. It authorizes individuals to provide services that require specialized engineering knowledge and skills.
  • Class B – This is for general building contractors. This enables individuals to undergo remodeling and renovation services for buildings or structures that support and shelter people and animals.
  • Class C – This is for specialty contractors. This authorizes individuals to undergo projects that entail the use of specialized building trades or crafts. Class C certifications are usually for contractors that provide services that involve on-site construction, alteration, or repair.

We always recommend that you apply for the licensing that suits your qualifications. However, you can also obtain a license in all three classifications.

required documents



To receive your contractor’s license, you will need to take and pass the Construction Management Survey and written Business and Law exam. The NSCB will waive the applicant’s exams if they meet one of the following conditions: (1) if they qualify for licensure by endorsement or (2) if they are licensed in other
states determined to meet the requirements of the NSCB.

A good way to learn if you need to take your exams is by contacting the office of the NSCB. They can send you an Eligibility Letter and Candidate Information Bulletin, which will help you determine if you meet the requirements to bypass the licensing exams. Verifying your experience will require you to submit a copy of your résumé detailing your work history as well as several professional references. The in-person exams are administered at testing centers in Reno, Elko and Las Vegas.

Individuals must pass the Business and Law examinations in addition to a trade exam covering the specific trade for which they are applying. These exams consist of multiple-choice questions and answers. The Candidate Information Bulletin will properly prepare you for the topics covered in the exams.

When you show up to the examination, you will need to bring a form of government-issued identification and a second ID that contains your name and signature. Each exam has different time limits, and you have three attempts to pass each of them. Upon passing the exam, you will be issued a license. However, licenses are also provided for general partnerships and major corporations.

Happy Clients


Happy Clients
Projects Done


Projects Done


Cups of Coffee


Cups of Coffee